dasouzzle: (Scarf)
[personal profile] dasouzzle
Email

From: lord_speaker@parliament.uk
To: wandlords@parliament.uk
CC: bercowjs@parliament.uk, ashdownjj@parliament.uk
Subject: Assistance with werewolf

Wizards of Westminster,

One of our number has become a werewolf. He is undertaking the cure, but for the next two months he is in the custody of the Speaker of the Commons and being housed here in Westminster Palace, in the parliamentary prison cell. The werewolf is restrained and the Speaker, the three Deputy Speakers and I are taking it in turns to guard him, but as the Commons are now sitting our resources are being badly stretched.

If any of you could spare the time to take a shift on guard duty, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Frances D'Souza, Lord Speaker

Date: 2012-09-11 07:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paddythebamf.livejournal.com
From: ashdownp@parliament.uk
To: lord_speaker@parliament.uk
CC: bercowjs@parliament.uk
Subject: Re: Assistance with werewolf

Frances, my dear, have you been letting the dogs run riot again? I thought we had rules about that sort of thing?

I'll happily take a stint on guard duty--brings back all those happy memories of playing I-spy and practicing extreme bladder control! I suppose if it's one of our lot I'd better leave the silver bullets behind, though.

You know my number. Give me a call any time and I'll see what I can do.

Don't let the buggers get you down
Paddy


Date: 2012-09-11 07:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dasouzzle.livejournal.com
From: lord_speaker@parliament.uk
To: ashdownp@parliament.uk
CC: bercowjs@parliament.uk
Subject: Re: Re: Assistance with werewolf

Paddy,

My deepest thanks. I can always rely on you. (You will be shocked to hear this, I know, but thus far you're the only one to reply. From more magical quarters there comes an echoing silence.)

If it's not too much trouble, could I ask you to take a shift tomorrow night?

I should probably warn you in advance that our werewolf is none other than Lord Mandelson.

Frances

Date: 2012-09-11 07:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] paddythebamf.livejournal.com
From: ashdownp@parliament.uk
To: lord_speaker@parliament.uk
CC: bercowjs@parliament.uk
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Assistance with werewolf

Frances, of course you can! Particularly when you're breaking the ennui that bedevils the upper chamber for us all. (Give them time. I imagine it's a little like the chamber--you have to say thing three times, and by the third time they'll have found their hearing aids and be ready to put them in and listen.)

Peter? That does surprise me--he's usually most particular about the company he keeps.

Tomorrow night will be fine. I shall be along by ten. Mind if I nip along now and pay Peter a visit? It would be good to get the lie of the land before I stand guard.

Regards
Paddy

Date: 2012-09-11 07:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dasouzzle.livejournal.com
Paddy,

Your optimism is always heartening, however misplaced.

I'm sure Peter would be delighted to have company. It's quite dull for him, cooped up in that tiny cell, and of course he can't have many visitors because there are so few people we can tell.

He can be a bit testy at times, but I imagine you're used to that.

Best of luck,
Frances

Biography

dasouzzle: (Default)
Frances d'Souza

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

January 2013

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
1314151617 1819
20212223242526
2728293031